Re: dot to be considered as a word delimiter?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: dot to be considered as a word delimiter?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sushant Sinha <sushant354@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that dot should be considered by as a word delimiter because
> when dot is not followed by a space, most of the time it is an error
> in typing. Beside they are not many valid english words that have
> dot in between.
It's not treating it as an English word, but as a host name.
select ts_debug('english', 'Mr.J.Sai Deepak');                                ts_debug

---------------------------------------------------------------------------(host,Host,Mr.J.Sai,{simple},simple,{mr.j.sai})(blank,"Space
symbols","",{},,)(asciiword,"Word, all

ASCII",Deepak,{english_stem},english_stem,{deepak})
(3 rows)
You could run it through a dictionary which would deal with host
tokens differently.  Just be aware of what you'll be doing to
www.google.com if you run into it.
I hope this helps.
-Kevin

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_standby -l might destory the archived file
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: It's June 1; do you know where your release is?