Re: Vacuuming technique doubt

От: Kevin Grittner
Тема: Re: Vacuuming technique doubt
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Vacuuming technique doubt  (S Arvind, )
 Re: Vacuuming technique doubt  (David Rees, )
 Re: Vacuuming technique doubt  (Greg Smith, )
  Re: Vacuuming technique doubt  (S Arvind, )
   Re: Vacuuming technique doubt  ("Kevin Grittner", )
    Re: Vacuuming technique doubt  (Robert Haas, )

S Arvind <> wrote:

> The reason why we need it manually is , we don't need any
> performance drop in our production hours. So we figured out the most
> less usage working time, most freq used tables and want to perform
> that on daily . so in weekends we can vaccum and reindex entire db..

By the time you get to your mass reindex the bloat will be harming
your performance much more than the autovacuum needs to do.  Check the
documentation here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/runtime-config-resource.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-RESOURCE-VACUUM-COST

I hope this helps.

-Kevin