Re: It's June 1; do you know where your release is?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: It's June 1; do you know where your release is?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> cost_nestloop and cost_hashjoin are broken for SEMI and ANTI joins
> Actually I'm hoping that Kevin Grittner will have something to
> report on that one soon
So far, I haven't found any performance regressions in the beta2
release compared to the snapshot from March 2nd on our challenging
queries.  They both perform as well or better than 8.3 for our
queries, although there is a slight increase in planning time to get
to the better plans.
Since there are new plans for most of these, I have had to actually
run them to confirm that there is no regression, and that takes some
time.  I'm still chipping away, but I would say that it looks good to
me; unless someone else has a query that's behaving badly, I wouldn't
hold it up for this.
I'll post right away if a subsequent test shows a problem.
-Kevin

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Suggested TODO: allow ALTERing of typemods without heap/index rebuild
От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: User-facing aspects of serializable transactions