Re: ruby connect

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: ruby connect
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Justin Carrera wrote:
> I will remember that for next time.
>
> Thank you for the link.
>
> I tried installing the gem but unsuccessful...
>
> root@CodeHo:/home/justin/Documents/ruby# gem install postgres -- --with-pgsql-include=/opt/PostgreSQL/8.3/include
--with-pgsql-lib=/opt/PostgreSQL/8.3/lib
> Building native extensions.  This could take a while...
> ERROR:  Error installing postgres:
>         ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
>
> /usr/bin/ruby1.9 extconf.rb install postgres -- --with-pgsql-include=/opt/PostgreSQL/8.3/include
--with-pgsql-lib=/opt/PostgreSQL/8.3/lib
> extconf.rb:4:in `<main>': uninitialized constant PLATFORM (NameError)

I'm afraid I don't use ruby, so I can't provide specific advice.
However, this looks to me like the gem installer expects a PLATFORM
(e.g. "linux") to be defined and can't find it. I'd expect there is a
guide to setting up your gems environment somewhere on the ruby pages
though.

However, before you spend too long with this - are you sure there isn't
an Ubuntu package for this? A few seconds' searching suggests this might
be what you're after:
   http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libpgsql-ruby

--
   Richard Huxton