Re: I can't drop a user if I don't drop his grants beforehand??????????????????

От Nico Sabbi
Тема Re: I can't drop a user if I don't drop his grants beforehand??????????????????
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane ha scritto:
> Nico Sabbi <nsabbi@officinedigitali.it> writes:
>
>> i can't believe my eyes. Why on earth I can't drop a user without
>> previously revoking his privileges?
>>

> Yeah, it's a known limitation.  The reason it's not implemented is that
> some of the privileges may be in other databases besides the particular
> one you're connected to, and the backend hasn't got any way to get at
> those databases to remove the entries.
>
> Maybe someday it'll get fixed, but don't hold your breath.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Thanks.
Unfortunately  role_usage_grants is emtpy and usage_privileges doesn't
contain what I expected to find,
so I had to iterate over the distinct table_schema in
iformation_schema.tables to drop the schema_usage grants.

    Nico