Re: SSL/TLS instead of SSL in docs

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: SSL/TLS instead of SSL in docs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 25 Mar 2022, at 20:58, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 8:47 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>> Since the approach taken wasn't to anyones liking, attached is a v4 (partly
>> extracted from the previous patch) which only adds notes that SSL is used
>> interchangeably with TLS in our documentation and configuration.
>
> I have actually been wondering why we have been insisting on calling
> it SSL when it clearly is not.

SSL has become the de facto term for a network channel encryption regardless of
actual protocol used. Few use TLS, with most SSL/TLS is

> However, if we're not ready/willing to make a bigger change, then doing as you
> have proposed here seems fine to me.

Thanks for review!  Trying out again just now the patch still applies (with
some offsets) and builds.

Сообщение: Re: Document atthasmissing default optimization avoids verification table scan
Сообщение: Re: Document atthasmissing default optimization avoids verification table scan