Re: Regarding visual studio 2008 build

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Regarding visual studio 2008 build
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Vikram Patil wrote:

> Hello All,
>

>          I am trying to compile postgresql with visual studio but I am
> not successful yet. Actually I just need binaries which are built with
> Visual Studio 2008.
>
> Please provide some idea or input about future plans to compile
> postgresql with Visual Studio 2008.

It's not going to happen for 8.4.

It may happen for 8.5, nothing is decided around that yet.

If someone were to provide a patch for it now that was reasonable, we'd
accept it, so it's not that we don't want it. It's just that we haven't
found enough demand for it so that somebody actually put work into it.
Most people are happy building it with 2005.

//Magnus