Testing of parallel restore with current snapshot

От Josh Berkus
Тема Testing of parallel restore with current snapshot
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew, Tom,

Just wanted to remark on my tests of this feature since the last set of
patches.

First of all, no locking.  Yay.

Andrew's latest algorithm tends to result in building indexes on the
same table at the same time.  This is excellent for most users; I'm on a
client's site which is I/O bound and that approach is speeding up
parallel load about 20% compared to the beta1 version.

In other words, don't mess with it now.  I think it's perfect.  ;-)

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.