Re: Failure during initdb - creating dictionaries ... FATAL: could not access file "$libdir/libdict_snowball": No such file or directory

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Failure during initdb - creating dictionaries ... FATAL: could not access file "$libdir/libdict_snowball": No such file or directory
Дата
Ответ на Re: Failure during initdb - creating dictionaries ... FATAL: could not access file "$libdir/libdict_snowball": No such file or directory  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Ответы Re: Failure during initdb - creating dictionaries ... FATAL: could not access file "$libdir/libdict_snowball": No such file or directory  (Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

> I don't recall the details at the moment, but I think we intentionally
> didn't adopt the .dylib extension for these files because of some subtle
> difference between them and plain shared libraries.

If I recall correctly from porting a plugin-based app to Mac OS X a few
years ago, there are issues with dlopen(...) on .dylib libraries.

I seem to remember having issues getting dylibs to resolve symbols from
the loading executable and already-loaded libraries; they wanted to
resolve all symbols as direct dependencies. I needed to use a .so to get
the library to resolve symbols in the loading application.

A quick bit of reading shows that:

  - The extension doesn't matter, the OS doesn't care

  - The library type, MH_DYLIB or MH_BUNDLE, is controlled by how
    it's built only

  - MH_DYLIB won't resolve symbols from the loading executable
    and can't be unloaded, whereas MH_BUNDLE does and can.

  - Most libraries on Mac OS X are MH_DYLIB

Found some info at:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/DeveloperTools/Conceptual/MachORuntime/Reference/reference.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20001298-BAJHHFFF

   under Fields, section "filetype"

--