Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Dimitri <dimitrik.fr@gmail.com> wrote:

> What about "full_page_writes" ? seems it's "on"  by default. Does it
> makes sense to put if off?..

It would probably help with performance, but the description is a
little disconcerting in terms of crash recovery.  We tried running
with it off for a while (a year or so back), but had problems with
corruption.  I think the specific cause of that has since been fixed,
it's left us a bit leery of the option.

Maybe someone else can speak to how safe (or not) the current
implementation of that option is.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..
Сообщение: Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..