Re: XML -> PG ?

От Eric Schwarzenbach
Тема Re: XML -> PG ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Gauthier, Dave wrote:

> Is there a way to read an XML file into a postgres DB?  I’m thinking
> that it will create and relate whatever tables are necessary to
> reflect whatever’s implied by the XML file structure.
>

> Thanks for any pointers !

That's a pretty common problem, and not one that needs to have a
postgresql-specific solution. There are definitely solutions out there,
but it may take some Googling to find a good one for your needs. One
option might be data binding tools (Castor and Liquid XML come to mind)
with which you can definitely go from XML to SQL, though many of them
may require going through an intermediate object model.

A simple approach (simple depending what technologies you're using and
are already familiar with) might be to use XSLT to transform your XML
either directly into SQL or into some other format easily loaded to a
database (such as the XML format used by DbUnit).

Eric