Re: DataDirect Driver, ExecDirect and UTF-8

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: DataDirect Driver, ExecDirect and UTF-8
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Ken Sell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wasn’t a member of the mailing list when I sent this, so I’m not sure
> it actually made it out there.
> I apologize if this is a duplicate.
>
> ....Ken
>

> On 5/4/09 11:49 AM, "Ken Sell" <ksell@greenplum.com> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I’m a the new connectivity developer at GreenPlum. GreenPlum makes a
>     data warehouse DBMS based on PostgreSQL.
>     I’m working on a problem where a user is attempting to insert a
>     non-ASCII UTF-8 values (i.e. An umlaut over an ‘o’).
>     The test does an insert via an SQLExecDirectW into a table.  The
>     text looks like this:
>
>       "insert into t1 values ('ö')"
>
>     I’ve built and debugged the postgreSQL driver (version 8.02.0500).
>     It looks like the text makes it through the
>     Driver Manager (i.e. DataDirect) ok. I see the correct value in
>     SQLExecDirectW in odbcapiw.c, but I
>     also see the code in SQLExecDirectW call ucs2_to_utf8. ucs2_to_utf8
>     tries to interpret the value as
>     UCS2, but the value is UTF-8. The value is corrupted by ucs2_to_utf8.

Psqlodbc Unicode driver uses UTF-16 encoding and your application uses
UTF-8 encoding. Isn't the URL
http://media.datadirect.com/download/docs/odbc/allodbc/reference/unicode6.html
related to your problem ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

От: Hiroshi Inoue
Сообщение: Re: INSERT on MSAccess linked ODBC table : out of memory
Сообщение: Re: INSERT on MSAccess linked ODBC table : out of memory