Re: BUG #4791: NULL value in function causes reproducible segmentation fault

От Christian Iversen
Тема Re: BUG #4791: NULL value in function causes reproducible segmentation fault
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Sikkerhed.org ApS wrote:
>> The following bug has been logged online:
>>
>> Bug reference:      4791
>> Logged by:          Sikkerhed.org ApS
>> Email address:      support@sikkerhed.org
>> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.7-0lenny1
>> Operating system:   Debian GNU/Linux 5.0.1 stable (fully updated)
>> fault
>> Details:
>>
>> We are using a couple of functions in PostgreSQL, namely
>>
>> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION digest(text, text) RETURNS bytea AS
>> '$libdir/pgcrypto', 'pg_digest' LANGUAGE 'C';
>
> This declaration is incorrect. The function is from pgcrypto, and the
> pgcrypto declaration is:
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION digest(text, text)
> RETURNS bytea
> AS '$libdir/pgcrypto', 'pg_digest'
> LANGUAGE C IMMUTABLE STRICT;
>

> Notice the "immutable script" part that you are missing.

Ah, of course. It works now, thanks.

> Any particular reason why you are not using the pgcrypto installation
> script?

Only that we hadn't heard of it. We have now updated our database
structure files to reflect this more reasonable approach.

Thank you very much for the quick fix.

Should I do something to close the bug report?

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Christian Iversen

Sikkerhed.org ApS