Re: pg_authid.rolpassword format (was Re: [HACKERS] Passwordidentifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pg_authid.rolpassword format (was Re: [HACKERS] Passwordidentifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol)
Дата
Ответы Re: pg_authid.rolpassword format (was Re: [HACKERS] Passwordidentifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol)  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/3/17 9:09 AM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Since not everyone agrees with this approach, I split this patch into
> two. The first patch refactors things, replacing the isMD5() function
> with get_password_type(), without changing the representation of
> pg_authid.rolpassword. That is hopefully uncontroversial. And the second
> patch adds the "plain:" prefix, which not everyone agrees on.
>
> Barring objections I'm going to at least commit the first patch. I think
> we should commit the second one too, but it's not as critical, and the
> first patch matters more for the SCRAM patch, too.

Is there currently anything to review here for the commit fest?