Re: precautions/prerequisites to take for specific table

От Ron
Тема Re: precautions/prerequisites to take for specific table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/5/20 7:49 AM, Vasu Madhineni wrote:
Hi All,

In my organisation a newly built project application team requirement on tables like have a column (text type), with size can reach around 3 MB, and 45 million records annually.

Are there any specific precautions/prerequisites we have to take from DBA end to handle this type of table.

Think about partitioning it by date.   Indexes will be smaller, and archiving become trivial.