Re: how to distinguish between using the server as a standby or for executing a targeted recovery in PG 11?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: how to distinguish between using the server as a standby or for executing a targeted recovery in PG 11?
Дата
Ответ на how to distinguish between using the server as a standby or for executing a targeted recovery in PG 11?  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: how to distinguish between using the server as a standby or for executing a targeted recovery in PG 11?  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/24/21 12:46 PM, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up a postgres server with version 11 in targeted
> recovery mode (for the first time after my journey started with
> postgres) and I came across the explanation at [1] in PG 12 and newer
> versions that we have a clear differentiation as to what is the
> "standby" mode or "targeted recovery" mode. How do we differentiate
> these two modes in PG 11? Can anyone please help me with it?
>
> PS: hackers-list may not be the right place to ask, but I'm used to
> seeking help from it.

see <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/recovery-target-settings.html>
and <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/standby-settings.html>

(And yes, pgsql-general would be the right forum)

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan