Re: recover corrupt DB?

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: recover corrupt DB?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On all our servers we have a cron job that runs daily and reports disk
> usage stats.
> Maybe you need something similar.

Of course. I have Cacti running to monitor disk usage on all my servers.

That doesn't help if a user creates several duplicates of a huge table,
or otherwise gobbles disk space. There's always the *potential* to run
out of disk space, and I'm concerned that Pg doesn't handle that
gracefully. I agree it shouldn't happen, but Pg shouldn't mangle the DB
when it does, either.

--
Craig Ringer