Re: ERROR: syntax error at or near "IF"... why?

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: ERROR: syntax error at or near "IF"... why?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 30/04/2009 07:45, DaNieL..! wrote:

> I tryed the declare, before and after the BEGIN;, but allways returns
> me the error:
> ERROR: syntax error at or near "int";
> LINE 1: DECLARE _mycredit int;
>                                            ^

I missed what came before in this thread, but in plpgsql functions the
DECLARE comes before BEGIN:

  create or replace function my_function() returns....
  as
  $$
  declare
  begin
    return....
  end;
  $$
  language plpgsql;

Can you show us the full function code again please?

Ray.

rod@iol.ie