Do TEMP Tables have an OID? Can this be a problem if used too frequently?

От Phil Couling
Тема Do TEMP Tables have an OID? Can this be a problem if used too frequently?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi
I've just written a search function which creates a temp table, preforms
some reasoning on it returning results then drops it again.
I'm using temp tables in an attempt to gain efficiency (not repeating
work between one section of the function and another).

However I'm worried that there may be some pit falls in doing this. I'm
especially worried about OIDs.

Does creating a temp table assign an OID to the table?
If so am I right to assume that, if the function is used too frequently,
it could cause the database to crash by wraping OIDs?

Thanks very much for your time
Phil