freeing memory after fetch all

От Chris Bovitz
Тема freeing memory after fetch all
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
How should I free memory after I allow FETCH ALL statements in a C
program to auto-allocate memory? I assume that it's OK to use a simple
free statement to free memory allocated for an array of values (e.g., an
array of float values). But what about memory allocated for and
associated with an array of pointers (e.g., an array of pointers to
character strings).

For example:
   long number_fetched ;   long record ;
   exec sql begin declare section ;   char  **char_column ;   float  *float_column ;   exec sql end declare section ;
   $declare fetch_cursor cursor for   select char_column, float_column from my_table ;
   $open fetch_cursor ;   $fetch all fetch_cursor into $char_column, $float_column ;   $close fetch_cursor ;   $free
fetch_cursor;

   number_fetched = sqlca.sqlerrd[2] ;
   for ( record = 0 ; record < number_fetched ; record++ )      {      // Do something with the fetched data ...
printf( "character string : %s   value : %f\n",                char_column[record], float_column[record] ) ;      }
if( char_column != NULL ) free (char_column ) ;   if ( float_column != NULL ) free ( float_column ) ;

In this example should I free the memory allocated for each of the
pointers in the char_column array before freeing char_column? :

for ( record = 0 ; record < number_fetched ; record++ )  {  free ( char_column[record] ) ;  }

Thanks.

Chris

--
Chris Bovitz
National Operational Hydrologic Remote Sensing Center (NOHRSC)

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Comparing two tables of different database
Сообщение: Re: Comparing two tables of different database