Re: partition question for new server setup

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: partition question for new server setup
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Craig James <craig_james@emolecules.com> wrote:

> After a reading various articles, I thought that "noop" was the
> right choice when you're using a battery-backed RAID controller.
> The RAID controller is going to cache all data and reschedule the
> writes anyway, so the kernal schedule is irrelevant at best, and can
> slow things down.

Wouldn't that depend on the relative sizes of those caches?  In a
not-so-hypothetical example, we have machines with 120 GB OS cache,
and 256 MB BBU RAID controller cache.  We seem to benefit from
elevator=deadline at the OS level.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: partition question for new server setup
Сообщение: Re: partition question for new server setup