Re: partition question for new server setup

От: Kevin Grittner
Тема: Re: partition question for new server setup
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

partition question for new server setup  (Whit Armstrong, )
 Re: partition question for new server setup  (Scott Marlowe, )
  Re: partition question for new server setup  (Whit Armstrong, )
   Re: partition question for new server setup  (Scott Marlowe, )
    Re: partition question for new server setup  (Kenneth Marshall, )
     Re: partition question for new server setup  (Craig James, )
      Re: partition question for new server setup  ("Kevin Grittner", )
       Re: partition question for new server setup  (Kenneth Marshall, )
        Re: partition question for new server setup  (Scott Marlowe, )
      Re: partition question for new server setup  (Whit Armstrong, )
       Re: partition question for new server setup  ("Kevin Grittner", )
        Re: partition question for new server setup  (Whit Armstrong, )
       Re: partition question for new server setup  (Scott Marlowe, )
      Re: partition question for new server setup  (Scott Carey, )
       Re: partition question for new server setup  (Whit Armstrong, )
        Re: partition question for new server setup  (Scott Carey, )
     Re: partition question for new server setup  (Scott Marlowe, )
   Re: partition question for new server setup  (Alan Hodgson, )

Craig James <> wrote:

> After a reading various articles, I thought that "noop" was the
> right choice when you're using a battery-backed RAID controller.
> The RAID controller is going to cache all data and reschedule the
> writes anyway, so the kernal schedule is irrelevant at best, and can
> slow things down.

Wouldn't that depend on the relative sizes of those caches?  In a
not-so-hypothetical example, we have machines with 120 GB OS cache,
and 256 MB BBU RAID controller cache.  We seem to benefit from
elevator=deadline at the OS level.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: partition question for new server setup
Сообщение: Re: partition question for new server setup