Re: PostgreSQL Hibernate Problem

От Daniel Migowski
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Hibernate Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello mgazzo,

mgazzo schrieb:
> I am new to PostgreSQL and I want to use it from a Java Application with the
> Hibernate ORM. I ran into a problem when I created my first simple Hello
> Postegres app where I receive a 'relation "X" does not exist' error.  It
> turns out that the query Hibernate produces seems to be missing some quotes
> around the table name as in [select mytable0_.id as col_0_0_ from Mytable
> mytable0_]. I can reproduce the exact same error with the PgAdmin query tool
> when I apply this query string but I it works once I add the quotes as in
> [select mytable0_.id as col_0_0_ from "Mytable" mytable0_].
>
> It seems as if Hibernate is not generating the query string properly despite
> that the dialect should be set correctly to
> org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect. It could also be that I have not
> setup my PostgreSQL db correctly for this to work. If anyone has an idea of
> a solution to this problem I would be much obliged. I use PostgreSQL 8.3
> with Hibernate Entity Manager 3.4.0 GA.

This problem should be discussed on the Hibernate Mailing list. I can
tell you that it might be possible to extend HibernatePostgreSQLDialect
with your own implementation (I also do it this way in my project) to
add some custom modifications. E.g. the name length is not correct in
Hibernate (states 32, is 64 here).

By the way, please note that PostgreSQL converts every name to
lowercase, and, by enclosing it in quotes, an exact match is to be
found. If you are able to, just use lowercase table names in postgres,
and your problem is solved.

With best regards,
Daniel Migowski

От: Jasen Betts
Сообщение: Re: Determining the names of columns in a dynamic query
От: Jasen Betts
Сообщение: Re: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it