Re: performance for high-volume log insertion

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: performance for high-volume log insertion
Дата
Re: performance for high-volume log insertion
Список pgsql-performance
Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> wrote:
>>
>> As a note for non-JDBC users, the JDBC driver's batch interface allows
>> executing multiple statements in a single network roundtrip.  This is
>> something you can't get in libpq, so beware of this for comparison's sake..
>
> Really?  I thought that executing statements like so:
>
> select * from a;insert ...;delete;
>
> in psql / libpq would execute them all in one trip.

Right, but those aren't prepared.  I suppose it's possible to issue a
prepare and then issue a batch of comma separated "execute" statements,
but that's not exactly a natural interface.

Kris Jurka

Сообщение: Re: performance for high-volume log insertion
Сообщение: Re: performance for high-volume log insertion