Re: [rfc] unicode escapes for extended strings

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: [rfc] unicode escapes for extended strings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> The lexer is *not* allowed to invoke any database operations
> (such as pg_conversion lookups)
I certainly hope it's not!
> so it cannot perform arbitrary encoding conversions.
I was more questioning whether we should be looking at character
encodings at all at that point, rather than suggesting conversions
between different ones.  If committing the escape sequence to a
particular encoding is unavoidable at that point, then I suppose the
code in question is about as good as it gets.
-Kevin

От: Marko Kreen
Сообщение: Re: [rfc] unicode escapes for extended strings
От: Grzegorz Jaskiewicz
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Performance of full outer join in 8.3