Re: Performance of full outer join in 8.3

От Christian Schröder
Тема Re: Performance of full outer join in 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
>> The cost of the query seems accurate, so the absence of
>> attachment_isins_attachment_idx on the 8.3 plan looks to be the reason.
>> There's no way it would choose to scan 8115133 rows on the pkey if the
>> other index was available and usable.
>>

> hance my question, if there's index on it in 8.3 version of db.

I added an index on this column, but it didn't change the query plan.
Stupid question: Do I have to analyze again or perform a reindex after
adding the index?

Regards,
    Christian

--
Deriva GmbH                         Tel.: +49 551 489500-42
Financial IT and Consulting         Fax:  +49 551 489500-91

Deriva CA Certificate: http://www.deriva.de/deriva-ca.cer

От: Raymond O'Donnell
Сообщение: Re: PgAdmin & PosgreSQL Plus Setup
От: Sam Mason
Сообщение: Re: Performance of full outer join in 8.3