Re: Replacing plpgsql's lexer

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Replacing plpgsql's lexer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs wrote:
> How do you know which is the offending function? If we force a full
> application retest we put in place a significant barrier to upgrade.
> That isn't useful for us as developers, nor is it useful for users.

We support back branches for a long time for a reason. Nobody in their
right mind should upgrade to a new version without without first
extensively testing (and if necessary adjusting) their application on
it. This is true regardless of this issue and will be true for every
release.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Replacing plpgsql's lexer
Сообщение: Re: Replacing plpgsql's lexer