Re: Why isn't stats_temp_directory automatically created?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Why isn't stats_temp_directory automatically created?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:26 PM, Euler Taveira de Oliveira
> <euler@timbira.com> wrote:
>> Fujii Masao escreveu:
>>> Is it worth making the patch which creates stats_temp_directory
>>> if not present?
>>>
>> +1.
>
> Here is the patch.
>
> This patch should be added to CommitFest-2009-First?,
> or committed before 8.4 release? The patch is very small,
> so I don't think that it'll block 8.4 release.

I think the fix should go into 8.4 - this is a fix for a new feature.
However, a couple of comments:

This does not take into account the effect of symlinks as mentioned by
Itakagi Takahiro. I haven't looked at the details, but I don't think it
would be that much more work to deal with it - and as he mentions, this
is a very common usecase.

Also, wouldn't it be better to isolate this to the first time when we
try to create the file - then we don't have to export the symbol?

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: Replacing plpgsql's lexer
Сообщение: Re: Replacing plpgsql's lexer