Re: proposal: add columns created and altered to pg_proc and pg_class

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: proposal: add columns created and altered to pg_proc and pg_class
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> I though about it too. But I am not sure, if this isn't too
> complicated solution for simple task. If I thing little bit more -
> main important is timestamp of last change.
Yeah, if it would be too heavy to add a timestamp column or two to
pg_class and maybe one or two others, why is it better to add a whole
new table to maintain in parallel -- with it's own primary key,
foreign keys (or similar integrity enforcement mechanism), etc.
Others apparently see a bigger advantage to this than I, but if it's
not something I can just eyeball while I'm looking at the object
definition, it isn't likely to save me much over going to other
sources.
Let's not over-engineer this.
-Kevin

От: Marko Kreen
Сообщение: Re: Unicode string literals versus the world
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Unicode string literals versus the world