Re: Postgres: Installing as a service

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Postgres: Installing as a service
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Craig Ringer wrote:
> CM J wrote:
>
>> Hi ,
>>
>>        I have extracted postgres from postgres-noinstaller.zip file. How do
>> i install postgres as  a service from cmd line ?
>>

> Search:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/
>
> You can use the `net' command to start/stop services. I don't recall the
> command(s) used to install them, if any, but you'll be able to find the
> info on MSDN.

sc is the command line tool for installing/configuring services.  you'll
need to create a service account with NET USER, then configure the pgsql
service to run as that user.

the standard postgresql windows installer configures it to look like...

C:\>sc queryex pgsql-8.3

SERVICE_NAME: pgsql-8.3
        TYPE               : 10  WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
        STATE              : 4  RUNNING
                                (STOPPABLE,PAUSABLE,ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
        WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 0  (0x0)
        SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
        CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
        WAIT_HINT          : 0x0
        PID                : 1256
        FLAGS              :

C:\>sc qc pgsql-8.3
[SC] GetServiceConfig SUCCESS

SERVICE_NAME: pgsql-8.3
        TYPE               : 10  WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
        START_TYPE         : 2   AUTO_START
        ERROR_CONTROL      : 1   NORMAL
        BINARY_PATH_NAME   : D:\postgres\8.3\bin\pg_ctl.exe runservice
-w -N "pgsql-8.3" -D "D:\postgres\8.3\data\"
        LOAD_ORDER_GROUP   :
        TAG                : 0
        DISPLAY_NAME       : PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3
        DEPENDENCIES       :
        SERVICE_START_NAME : .\postgres

so the commands to create tthis would be something like...

C:\>net user postgres 3gesIjita%9 /add
C:\>sc create pgsql-8.3 binpath= "D:\postgres\8.3\bin\pg_ctl.exe
runservice -w -N pgsql-8.3 -D D:\postgres\8.3\data\" type= own start=
auto displayname= "PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3" obj= .\postgres
password= 3gesIjita%9
C:\>sc start pgsql-8.3

and pray.   note I intentionally installed postgresql to a directory
with no spaces in its name to dodge issues with nested quotes.
3gesIjita%9 is just a random password I concocted.

note, those sc commands have a funny syntax, the = MUST have no space
before it and MUST have a space after it.

Сообщение: Re: Postgres: Installing as a service
Сообщение: Re: Postgres: Installing as a service