Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning

От: Kevin Grittner
Тема: Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Mark Wong, )
 Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  ("Kevin Grittner", )
  Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
   Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Matthew Wakeling, )
    Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
     Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  ("Kevin Grittner", )
      Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
     Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Matthew Wakeling, )
    Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  ("Kevin Grittner", )
   Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Scott Carey, )
   Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  ("Albe Laurenz *EXTERN*", )
    Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Jeff, )
     Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  ("Kevin Grittner", )
  Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Arjen van der Meijden, )
   Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  ("Kevin Grittner", )
 Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Mark Wong, )

Mark Wong <> wrote:
> Has anyone experimented with the Linux deadline parameters and
> have some experiences to share?

We've always used elevator=deadline because of posts like this:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2008-04/msg00148.php

I haven't benchmarked it, but when one of our new machines seemed a
little sluggish, I found this hadn't been set.  Setting this and
rebooting Linux got us back to our normal level of performance.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning
Сообщение: Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning