Re: What do people use for connection pooling with PostgreSQL JDBC

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: What do people use for connection pooling with PostgreSQL JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hannu Krosing wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 01:25 +1200, Oliver Jowett wrote:
>> Hannu Krosing wrote:
>>
>>> I understand that dbcp and c3po work on some other databases jdbc
>>> drivers, so maybe I could also do
>>>
>>> 4) fix jdbc code to provide required createArrayOf support
>>>
>>> no ?
>> You could start by showing us the actual exception that you get?
>
> for dbcp -
>
> java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolingDataSource
> $PoolGuardConnectionWrapper.createArrayOf(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/sql/Array;
>

> for c3p0 -
>
> java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
> com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyConnection.createArrayOf(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/sql/Array;

That means that neither dbcp nor c3po's connection wrapper classes
implement createArrayOf() (i.e. they were compiled against an earlier
JDBC specification that lacks those methods, but your runtime
environment is more recent and you are trying to use those methods from
your app). It is a problem with the connection pool wrapper code, not
the PostgreSQL JDBC driver. Perhaps you need to explicitly build
DBCP/C3PO against a newer JDBC release? Or perhaps they just don't
support those methods yet.

-O

Сообщение: Re: BLOB help - yes I've read around!
Сообщение: Re: BLOB help - yes I've read around!