Re: More message encoding woes

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: More message encoding woes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> In practice you get either the GNU or the Solaris version of gettext, and at
> least the GNU version can cope with all the encoding names that the currently
> Windows-only code path produces.

It doesn't. On my laptop running Debian testing:

hlinnaka@heikkilaptop:~$ LC_ALL=fi_FI.UTF-8 gettext
gettext: ei riittävästi argumentteja
hlinnaka@heikkilaptop:~$ LC_ALL=fi_FI.LATIN1 gettext
gettext: missing arguments
hlinnaka@heikkilaptop:~$ LC_ALL=fi_FI.ISO-8859-1 gettext
gettext: ei riitt�v�sti argumentteja

Using the name for the latin1 encoding in the currently Windows-only
mapping table, "LATIN1", you get no translation because that name is not
recognized by the system. Using the other name "ISO-8859-1", it works.
"LATIN1" is not listed in the output of locale -m either.