Re: Best replication solution?

От Lists
Тема Re: Best replication solution?
Дата
Re: Best replication solution?  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
I have a high traffic database with high volumes of reads, and moderate volumes of writes. Millions of queries a day.

Running the latest version of Postgresql 8.2.x (I want to upgrade to 8.3, but the dump/reload requires an unacceptable amount of downtime)

Server is a dual core xeon 3GB ram and 2 mirrors of 15k SAS drives (1 for most data, 1 for wal and a few tables and indexes)

In total all databases on the server are about 10G on disk (about 2GB in pgdump format).

The IO on the disks is being maxed out and I don't have the budget to add more disks at this time. The web server has a raid10 of sata drives with some io bandwidth to spare so I would like to replicate all data over, and send some read queries to that server -- in particular the very IO intensive FTI based search queries.

ries van Twisk wrote:
Dr Mr No Name,

what replication solution is the best depends on your requirements.
May be you can tell a bit more what your situation is?
Since you didn't gave us to much information about your requirements it's hard to give you any advice.

Ries