Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 4/4/09 9:07 AM, Greg Smith wrote:

>>> On this benchmark 2.6.25 is the worst kernel yet:
>>
>> I don't remember seeing a follow-up on this issue from last year.
>> Are there still any particular kernels to avoid based on this?
>
> I just discovered something really fascinating here. The problem is
> strictly limited to when you're connecting via Unix-domain sockets; use
> TCP/IP instead, and it goes away.

Have you sent this to any Linux kernel engineers?  My experience is that
they're fairly responsive to this sort of thing.

--Josh

Сообщение: Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels
Сообщение: Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels