Re: How to find the query completeion time?

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: How to find the query completeion time?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> In ORACLE I can get that information from V$SESSION_LONGOPS view which will give the approx TIME_REMAINING to
completerunning queries. Is there a similar way in postgres?

As far as I know, PostgreSQL has no such facility, and the database
server has no idea how long a given query will take to run.

I'm not really sure how Oracle does that, given that the performance of
a long-running query will vary during its execution. Other queries will
begin and end, altering resource availability. Also, if your query runs
in several large parts, it can be hard to estimate how quickly parts you
haven't started executing yet will run.

--
Craig Ringer

От: Steve Clark
Сообщение: Re: cast needed - but where and why?
От: Sam Mason
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] string_to_array with empty input