Re: Uploading data to postgresql database

От Brent Wood
Тема Re: Uploading data to postgresql database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
ogr2ogr can write most formats to most other formats. It can certainly write to a PostGIS database, & read KML., so if
itcan write it to shape, it can write direct to Postgis

You just need to set your output format to postgis.

Note: depending on where you got GDAL (ogr2ogr) from, it may or may not have PostGIS drivers compiled in, if it doesn't
youcan compile it yourself against Postgres/PostGIS to enable this on your platform.

Brent Wood

Brent Wood
DBA/GIS consultant
NIWA, Wellington
New Zealand
>>> Subha Ramakrishnan <subha@gslab.com> 03/18/09 7:04 PM >>>
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I did take a look at ogr2ogr which can convert kml to shape. But i was
wondering if there's some direct way..:)
And by upload I meant adding geometry data to the DB.

Thanks & regards,
Subha

Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Subha Ramakrishnan (subha@gslab.com) wrote:
>
>> So far, I have been using shp2pgsql to upload data from shape files.
>> I don't want to convert it to shape and then upload it.
>>

> Have you looked at ogr2ogr?  It looks to support KML as a format, and
> has PostGIS support, though I'm not sure if it can handle the direction
> you're asking for.
>
>     Stephen

-
To make changes to your subscription: