Re: Proposal of tunable fix for scalability of 8.4

От Jignesh K. Shah
Тема Re: Proposal of tunable fix for scalability of 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 16:53 -0400, Jignesh K. Shah wrote:
>

>> 1200: 2000: Medium Throughput: -1781969.000 Avg Medium Resp: 0.019
>>

> I think you need to iron out bugs in your test script before we put too
> much stock into the results generated. Your throughput should not be
> negative.
>
> I'd be interested in knowing the number of S and X locks requested, so
> we can think about this from first principles. My understanding is that
> ratio of S:X is about 10:1. Do you have more exact numbers?

Simon, that's a known bug for the test where the first time it reaches
the max number of users, it throws a negative number. But all other
numbers are pretty much accurate

Generally the users:transactions count depends on think time..

-Jignesh

--
Jignesh Shah           http://blogs.sun.com/jkshah
The New Sun Microsystems,Inc   http://sun.com/postgresql

От: Scott Carey
Сообщение: Re: Proposal of tunable fix for scalability of 8.4
От: "Jignesh K. Shah"
Сообщение: Re: Proposal of tunable fix for scalability of 8.4