Re: Query performance over a large proportion of data

От Matteo Beccati
Тема Re: Query performance over a large proportion of data
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
decibel wrote:
> On Mar 10, 2009, at 4:12 PM, Steve McLellan wrote:
>> The server itself is a dual-core 3.7GHz Xeon Dell (each core reporting 2
>> logical CPUs) running an amd64 build of FreeBSD 6.2, and postgres
>> 8.3.5 built
>> from source.
>
> Uh, you're running an amd64 build on top of an Intel CPU? I didn't think
> FBSD would allow that, but if it does it wouldn't surprise me if
> kernel/OS performance stunk. If Postgres then used the same settings it
> would make matters even worse (IIRC there is some code that's different
> in an AMD vs Intel build).

Uh? Amd64 just the name of the FreeBSD port for AMD/Intel 64 bit CPUs.

See: http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/amd64.html
and: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64

Cheers

--
Matteo Beccati

OpenX - http://www.openx.org

От: decibel
Сообщение: Re: Proposal of tunable fix for scalability of 8.4
Сообщение: Re: Proposal of tunable fix for scalability of 8.4