Re: 8.4 Performance improvements: was Re: Proposal of tunable fix for scalability of 8.4

От Alan Stange
Тема Re: 8.4 Performance improvements: was Re: Proposal of tunable fix for scalability of 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Gregory Stark wrote:
> A minute ago I said:
>
>  AFAIK Opensolaris doesn't implement posix_fadvise() so there's no benefit. It
>  would be great to hear if you could catch the ear of the right people to get
>  an implementation committed. Depending on how the i/o scheduler system is
>  written it might not even be hard -- the Linux implementation of WILLNEED is
>  all of 20 lines.
>
> I noticed after sending it that that's slightly unfair. The 20-line function
> calls another function (which calls another function) to do the real readahead
> work. That function (mm/readahead.c:__do_page_cache_readahead()) is 48 lines.

It's implemented.   I'm guessing it's not what you want to see though:

http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/lib/libc/port/gen/posix_fadvise.c

От: "Jignesh K. Shah"
Сообщение: Re: Proposal of tunable fix for scalability of 8.4
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Proposal of tunable fix for scalability of 8.4