Re: postgresql.conf: patch to have ParseConfigFile report all parsing errors, then bail

От Selena Deckelmann
Тема Re: postgresql.conf: patch to have ParseConfigFile report all parsing errors, then bail
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 07:30 -0700, Selena Deckelmann wrote:

>> A thing that could be added, however, is reporting of all invalid (as
>> opposed to valid, but requires a restart to apply) parameters before
>> exiting. This change requires refactoring ProcessConfigFile() more
>> significantly, as the parsing and validity checks are done separately,
>> and are exited with gotos. :)
>>
>> I haven't tried to change this yet, but was planning to.
>
> Can't we just do a reload, but with doit = false?

That would also be cool.  Like an 'apachectl configtest'.

There are five places where a 'goto' is used in guc-file.l needs to be
changed to make this work (in addition to adding an option to pg_ctl).

It should be pretty straightforward, and I'll have a look at it tonight.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
End Point Corporation