Re: One less footgun: deprecating pg_dump -d

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: One less footgun: deprecating pg_dump -d
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Greg Sabino Mullane<greg@endpoint.com>  writes:
>>> deprecate -d by having it throw an exception when used.
>>
>> "Deprecate" does not mean "break".
> While this change may break existing scripts...less painful

Why do people want a failure rather than warning messages
being spewed to both stderr and the log files?

If someone doesn't notice warnings there, I wonder if
even throwing an exception would save them.

Сообщение: Re: One less footgun: deprecating pg_dump -d
Сообщение: Re: One less footgun: deprecating pg_dump -d