Re: Additional DTrace Probes

От Robert Lor
Тема Re: Additional DTrace Probes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:
> This will introduce SLRU and Executor probes.
> We already have Lock, LWLock, Buffer, I/O and XLogs probes.
>
> I'd like to have the following probes, too. In my experience,
> they could be bottlenecks or consume much time in some situations.
>
>     - idle in transaction
>     - spinlock wait-and-retry
>     - CPU: Trigger execution
>     - CPU: Encoding conversion
>     - Network: send() and recv()
>     - smgr: lseek() calls
>     - Tempfile reads and writes

Great suggestions. If you have particular use cases in mind, please send
them to the list. This will help determine what kind of data to be made
available via the probes. It'll also be helpful if you know the
locations for the probes.

-Robert

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: "failed to locate grouping columns"
От: Selena Deckelmann
Сообщение: postgresql.conf: patch to have ParseConfigFile report all parsing errors, then bail