Re: Make SIGHUP less painful if pg_hba.conf is not readable

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Make SIGHUP less painful if pg_hba.conf is not readable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua Tolley wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 09:43:55AM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> So. I've updated the comment, and applied your patch. Thanks!
>
> What would it take to get it applied to a few earlier versions as well?

I guess you maintaining your own fork? ;-)

Simply put, earlier versions threw away the contents of pg_hba and
reloaded it completely. The support for keeping the old one around in
case of syntax errors is new for 8.4. You'd basically require
backpatching of large parts of that patch, and that's not going to happen.

//Magnus