Bug or not?

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Bug or not?
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

I received a bug report some days (arg... months) before. I tried to
work on it sometime ago and again today, but I don't find a way to be
sure it is an actual bug in pgAdmin or something we can't do much right now.

Here are some psql commands to build a database that shows this issue:

CREATE DATABASE ioguix;
\c ioguix
CREATE TABLE t1 (id serial);
CREATE TABLE t2 (LIKE t1 INCLUDING DEFAULTS);

Now, launch pgAdmin3, click on the t2 table and then on the Dependents
tab. There's nothing in the listview. I assumed I would see the
t1_id_seq sequence, as showed by the SQL:

CREATE TABLE t2
(
  id integer NOT NULL DEFAULT nextval('t1_id_seq'::regclass)
)
WITH (
  OIDS=FALSE
);

I'm not sure PostgreSQL keeps this information somewhere (at least not
on the pg_depends catalog) but it sure is able to find it:

guillaume@laptop$ psql -q ioguix
ioguix=# drop table t1;
NOTICE:  default for table t2 column id depends on sequence t1_id_seq
ERROR:  cannot drop table t1 because other objects depend on it
ASTUCE : Use DROP ... CASCADE to drop the dependent objects too.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org