Re: RE: [HACKERS] Kerberos V5 required for PostgreSQL installation on Windows

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: RE: [HACKERS] Kerberos V5 required for PostgreSQL installation on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Zeugswetter Andreas OSB sIT
> <Andreas.Zeugswetter@s-itsolutions.at> wrote:
>> We should delayload this dll since it is only needed
>> for specific configuration. No need to install when it is not used.
>
> That would require building knowledge of DLL names into the code,
> which isn't practical as some projects have a habit of changing them
> regularly (e.g. gettext).

Are you sure?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hf3f62bz.aspx

seems to indicate that you can do it on just the commandline if you want to?

(I haven't tried it so I don't know if it's actually doable)

> I'm not sure why Dann would see this problem - all our installers
> include the required DLLs, and they should also be in the
> binaries-no-installer packages. If he's built the binary himself, then
> he obviously has the import libraries for Kerberos, so where are the
> DLLs?

That is also a valid question, though.

//Magnus