Re: xpath processing brain dead

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: xpath processing brain dead
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Hmm, does this proposal require adding a test of well-formed-ness to
> a code path that doesn't currently have one?  If so, is that likely
> to contribute any noticeable slowdown?
>
> I can't offhand see an objection to this other than possible performance
> impact.

Yeah, testing the well-formedness might cost a bit. We could
short-circuit the test by applying some comparatively fast heuristic tests.

Or we could decide that we'll just fix the xpath prefix part for 8.3 and
keep the wrapping. I don't want to spend a huge effort on fixing
something I regard as fundamentally broken.

I'll do some tests to see what the cost of extra xml parsing might be.

cheers

andrew

We