Re: GIN fast insert

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: GIN fast insert
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> it be?  So far we've ruled out using the planner to prevent index
> scans when the pending list is long (because it's not reliable) and
> cleaning up the pending list during insert when needed (because it
> won't work with Hot Standby).  We haven't decided what WILL work,

During insert it will work with Hot Standby because there is no any limitation
for number of pages touched or WAL records. There is a problem with cleanup
invoked by gingettuple - slave could not start cleanup process at all and hence
it could emit an error if tidbitmap becomes lossy.

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/