Re: Significance of the magic number of btree pages..?

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Significance of the magic number of btree pages..?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Anil Kumar wrote:
> Hi to All,
> Iam new to the group and to postgresql. Currently Iam trying to understand how does the planner work by using gdb.
Duringthe execution of a plan I observed a variable "BTREE_MAGIC" which is defined 0x053162 and called, 'the magic
numberof btree pages'. I couldnt understand the concept behind the 'magic number' and the "0x053162". Can anyone kindly
explainthe significance of the 'magic number of btree pages' or refer to some document where I can get idea about this.

It's just a sanity check and a debugging aid, to let you check that a
b-tree metapage is indeed a b-tree metapage.

От: Anil Kumar
Сообщение: Significance of the magic number of btree pages..?
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: parallel restore