Re: Adding a field in Path Structure and Plan Structure

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Adding a field in Path Structure and Plan Structure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
>> Right now, the compile is fine and
>> build is fine. However, everytime the server is running and I send a
>> query to the server, it crashed. as
>>

> Crashed where?  If you're not reasonably handy with gdb or some other
> favorite debugger, stop what you're doing and go learn one.  The
> investment of time will be repaid very quickly if you're doing any
> nontrivial C programming.

In particular, learn to build postgres with debugging enabled
(--enable-debug), start postgres with core file generation enabled
(pg_ctl -c ... start) and get a backtrace from a core file (gdb -ex bt
--batch /path/to/postgres /path/to/corefile)

cheers

andrew