Re: parallel restore

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: parallel restore
Дата
Re: parallel restore
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>>> There is an unfinished TODO item here: we really ought to make it work
>>> for tar-format archives.  That's probably not hugely difficult, but
>>> I didn't look into it, and don't think we should hold up applying the
>>> existing patch for it.
>>>

>> Right. Were you thinking this should be done for 8.4?
>>

> If you have time to look into it, sure.  Otherwise we should just put it
> on the TODO list.

I've had a look at this. If our tar code supported out of order
restoration(using fseeko) I'd be done. But it doesn't, and I won't get
that done for 8.4, if at all. I'm not sure what would be involved in
making it work.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: The science of optimization in practical terms?
Сообщение: Re: The science of optimization in practical terms?